- The following Cloud Diagram can help you outline the main parts of a story you want to re-tell (like the latest film you saw at the cinema or your favourite novel):
Alternatively, you can browse the PDF file here.
- OTHER GRAPHIC ORGANISERS:
Listen to the song Spending my Time ( here’s a link to the Video-clip) and then re-tell the story in writing. Use the template below as a guide to complete an essay of about 150 words addressing the following questions:
- What happened before the story in the song?
- How does she feel? Why?
- Where is she? What is she doing?
- What does she want?
- What do you think will happen afterwards?
Here’s a link to the lyrics: Spending my time (Roxette)
Use the template below as a guide to complete a spontaneous speech (i.e. DO NOT READ). Try to include as much of the grammar & vocabulary displayed as you can. You can also design your own Speaking Template for this exercise, then tape yourself and aim for a 2-minute, non-stop speech.