- Preliminary Unit
- Lesson 0: English Sounds, Intonation & Stress
- Lesson 1: Review of Present Tenses
- Lesson 2: Perfect VS. Continuous Aspect
- Lesson 3: The Passive & Causatives
- Lesson 4: Types of questions
- Lesson 5: Re-telling a story
- Lesson 6: Narrative Tenses
- Lesson 7: Past Modals
- Lesson 8: Conditional sentences
- Lesson 9: Reporting verbs & Reported speech
- Lesson 10: Hedging & Social problems
- Lesson 11: Proposals & Handling an awkward situation
- Lesson 12: IT vocabulary
- Lesson 13: Quantifiers II
- Lesson 14: Verbs followed by gerunds and/or infinitives
- Lesson 15: Describing people & animals
- Lesson 16: Modals of Deduction & Mixed Conditionals
- Lesson 17: Book & Film Reviews
- Lesson 18: Describing trends and graphs
- Lesson 19: Connecting speech
- Lesson 20: Wishes & Regrets / Position of adverbs
- Lesson 21: So / Such & Intensifiers
- Lesson 22: How to write an article & Expressing agreement
- Lesson 23: For & Against Essay / Music & Arts Vocabulary
- Lesson 24: Be/Get used to & Past habits
- Lesson 25: Multi-word verbs
- Lesson 26: Relative Clauses II
- Lesson 27: Future Perfect Tenses
- Lesson 28: Idioms & Proverbs
- Lesson 29: Crime&Law vocabulary
- Lesson 30: Health vocabulary
- Lesson 31: How to write a biography
- Lesson 32: Money vocabulary
- Lesson 33: Anecdotes, collocations, estimating & sources of information
Lesson 5: Re-telling a story
- Check this lesson plan on Time Sequencers & Linking words.
- Complete this Cloze test with prepositions and other particles.
- Read the following handout on capitalization, punctuation and the use of similes & metaphors:
Alternatively, you can browse the PDF file here.
- GRAPHIC ORGANISERS: The following diagrams can help you outline the main parts of the story you want to re-tell.
- COLLOQUIAL ENGLISH: Listen to the song Solo ( here’s a link to the Video-clip) and then re-tell the story in writing. Use the template below as a guide to complete an essay of about 150 words addressing the following questions:
- What happened before the story in the song?
- How does she feel? Why?
- What has she been doing?
- What does she want?
- What is she going to do?
- Here’s a link to the lyrics: Solo (Clean Bandit feat. Demi Lovato)
- NEUTRAL ENGLISH: Discussion on the Elimination of Violence against Women
- FORMAL ENGLISH: Discussion on IT & Education
- COLLOQUIAL ENGLISH: Use the template below as a guide to complete a spontaneous speech (i.e. DO NOT READ). Try to include as much of the grammar & vocabulary displayed as you can. You can also design your own Speaking Template for this exercise, then tape yourself and aim for a 4-minute, non-stop speech.