- We shall look at and discuss the following presentation on Verbs followed by the Present Participle and/or Infinitive in class:
Alternatively, you can download the PDF file here.
You can also check the following Handout with exercises.
- TIP: Generally, when a verb can either take the infinitive and the gerund, it refers to something that is yet to happen (=future) when using the infinitive, and refers to something that has already happened (=past) when using the gerund. For instance:
- Don’t forget to lock the door when you leave the room.
- Yesterday, I forgot locking the door.
- Complete the following exercise on Verbs followed by ING/TO.